Claiming abandoned property from hewlett packard: state guide

Unclaimed property refers to any financial asset or tangible property that has been abandoned or forgotten by its owner. This can include bank accounts, stocks, bonds, utility deposits, paychecks, and more. Hewlett Packard, a multinational technology company, is not exempt from having unclaimed property. In this article, we will explore how to claim abandoned property from Hewlett Packard in different states, such as North Carolina, California, Texas, and Virginia.

Content Index

How to Claim Abandoned Property in North Carolina

In North Carolina, the process of claiming abandoned property from Hewlett Packard depends on how the property was reported. If the property was reported as survivorship property or property that belongs completely to either owner, you can claim the entire amount with proper documentation. However, if the property was reported as common property without survivorship rights, you will need to contact the Clerk of Court in the County where your relative resided before their passing. They will provide you with the appropriate documentation to claim the property.

How to Claim Abandoned Property in California

In California, claiming abandoned property from Hewlett Packard is a free process. The State Controller's Office handles unclaimed property claims without any service charges or fees. Owners or heirs can claim their property directly from the office. However, if you have signed a contract with an investigator or asset locator, they may charge you a fee of no more than 10 percent of the property value.

To claim your property in California, you must file a claim with the State Controller's Office. You can locate your property and start a claim on their website. If you have any questions, you can also contact them at (800) 992-464

unclaimed property hewlett packard - How do I claim abandoned property in North Carolina

If you are filing a claim for a deceased owner, you must be an heir, trustee, or personal representative/executor/administrator. The filing instructions for deceased owner claims will provide you with the necessary documentation to prove ownership. You may also be required to provide documentation for a name change, such as a marriage certificate or court documents.

How to Claim Abandoned Property in Texas

In Texas, certain forms of personal property are considered presumed abandoned under the law. This can include bank accounts, gift cards, utility deposits, paychecks, and safe deposit boxes, among other things. Once the personal property is considered abandoned, it must be reported to the Texas Comptroller.

To claim abandoned property in Texas, you can search for unclaimed property in your name through the Texas Comptroller's website. If you find any property, you can submit a claim online. It's also worth checking your local government or school district's website, as they may have similar procedures in place for claiming abandoned property.

How to Claim Abandoned Property in Virginia

In Virginia, the Unclaimed Property Program is responsible for returning various types of unclaimed property to residents. This can include money, stocks, bonds, dividends, utility deposits, insurance proceeds, and tangible property.

The fastest and easiest way to search for and claim unclaimed property in Virginia is through the website. This website provides a Click and Claim searchable database for property. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your claim or general unclaimed property, you can email [email protected]. If you are unable to access the internet, you can request an Inquiry Form by calling 1-800-468-108

If you need to visit the Division of Unclaimed Property in Virginia, an appointment is required due to building security and other concerns. You can schedule an appointment by calling 1-800-468-108

For claims questions, you can contact [email protected] or call 1-800-468-108If you need to submit your claim and/or claim evidence by mail, send it to Virginia Department of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property Division, PO Box 2485, Richmond, VA 23218-2485, or email it to [email protected].

Unclaimed property can be found in various states, including those where Hewlett Packard operates. If you believe you have unclaimed property from Hewlett Packard, it is important to follow the specific procedures outlined by each state. Whether you are in North Carolina, California, Texas, or Virginia, there are resources available to help you claim your abandoned property. By following the guidelines and providing the necessary documentation, you can successfully recover your unclaimed property from Hewlett Packard.

Go up

We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information and show you personalized content and services through navigation analysis. Accept them or set your preferences. More Information