Error code 80070103, also known as error code 0x80070103 or WindowsUpdate_80070103, is a common issue that occurs when updating drivers on Windows operating systems through Windows Update. This error can occur on Windows 7, 8, 1, and
- How do I know if I have Error Code 80070103?
- Reasons why error code 80070103 happens
- How to fix error code 80070103
- How to avoid error code 80070103 in the future
How do I know if I have Error Code 80070103?
By default, Windows will notify you if an update has failed. The error message you receive may vary depending on your operating system version. Some examples of error messages include:
- error(s) found: code 80070103 windows update encountered an unknown error
- windows could not search for new updates. an error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
To check for Windows Update errors, follow these steps:
How to check Windows Update errors on Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app (gear icon) from the Start menu.
- Click on update & security .
- Switch to the windows update tab from the left-side menu.
Any issues and errors regarding your update will be shown here.
How to check Windows Update errors on Windows 7:
- Click on the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Change the view mode to Category.
- Find system and security from the list.
- Click on windows update .
Any issues and errors regarding your update will be shown here.Troubleshooting guide: hp laptop battery not charging
Reasons why error code 80070103 happens
Error code 80070103 is not a direct issue with your operating system but rather related to device drivers. This error occurs when you attempt to update drivers through Windows Update, but the drivers are already installed on your computer. It can also happen if you're trying to install a driver with low compatibility with your machine, such as an outdated driver or a driver meant for a different version of Windows. Additionally, this error may occur if a driver installed on your computer is not working properly or has become outdated.
Getting this error means that the update you were trying to install cannot be installed without resolving the error first.
How to fix error code 80070103
There are several workarounds and fixes you can try to resolve the error code 80070103 issue. These fixes are applicable to Windows 7, 8, 1, and Before attempting any of the following methods, ensure that you are logged in with administrator rights and consider creating a system backup.
Method 1: Update device drivers manually
The first step is to ensure that your drivers are working properly and updated. Since error code 80070103 is related to drivers, you need to update them manually. Here's how:
- Go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your device. Make sure you download the correct, latest version from a trusted source.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type in devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- In the Device Manager, find the driver you want to update (e.g., NVIDIA display adapter driver).
- Right-click on the driver and select Update.
- Select browse my computer for driver software .
- Navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your computer once the installation process is complete.
Method 2: Hide the update
If you don't want Windows to attempt to reinstall an already existing driver update, you can hide the update. Please note that hiding the update will block all driver updates, not just one. Here's how:Troubleshooting hp printer errors: tips & solutions
- Search for the Control Panel on your computer and launch it.
- Click on system .
- On the left side, click on the link that says advanced system settings .
- Switch to the Hardware tab.
- Click on the device installation settings button.
- Select the no (your device might not work as expected) option.
- Click on save settings .
- Restart your computer.
How to avoid error code 80070103 in the future
To avoid encountering error code 80070103 in the future, it is important to keep your computer and device drivers up to date. You can do this by manually downloading and installing system or driver updates as they become available. It is also recommended to regularly check for update errors and not wait too long before updating to avoid compatibility issues.
If you're looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, consider SoftwareKeep. We provide reliable software solutions and offer support before, during, and after all sales. Take advantage of our 360 Degree SoftwareKeep Guarantee and ensure a seamless software experience.
If you need to uninstall a Hewlett Packard USB driver from your computer, follow these steps:
- Click on start, then shut down, and finally restart to restart your computer.
- Open your computer's internet browser and navigate to the hp customer care website.
- Enter your HP printer's model and number in the box below locate your product to get support and click the next button.
- Click on the software & driver downloads link.
- Click the down arrow under select your operating system, then click 'next': and select your computer's operating system. Click next .
- Click the driver - product installation software link.
- Click the hp 'xxxxx' basic drivers link, replacing 'XXXXX' with your HP printer's name. Then click the download button to start the downloading process.
- When the opening xxxxxx dialog box appears (with XXXXXX representing the name of the driver), click save as, save, or a similar button to save the driver file to your computer.
- Navigate to the directory containing the driver file and double click the file's name to begin the uninstallation process.
To manually update your HP laptop, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your HP laptop.
- Click on update & security .
- Click on windows update from the left-side menu.
- Click on the check for updates button to search for available updates.
- If updates are found, click on the install now button to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Restart your HP laptop once the update installation is complete.
Install error 0x80070103 is an error code that can occur when trying to install updates on Windows operating systems. This error typically indicates that the update being installed is already installed on the computer or that the update is not compatible with the system. It is important to resolve this error to ensure that updates are installed correctly and to maintain the security and performance of the computer.Hewlett packard laptop black screen: causes and solutions