HP ALM, also known as Micro Focus Application Lifecycle Management, is a comprehensive software suite developed by Micro Focus (previously known as Hewlett-Packard and Hewlett Packard Enterprise) for application development and testing. It offers a range of tools for requirements management, test planning, functional testing, performance testing, developer management, and defect management.
What is HP ALM?
HP ALM is a combination of a common platform, key applications, and a dashboard designed to manage the entire lifecycle of applications, from design to delivery and operations. It provides IT departments with a centralized platform for managing and automating application development processes within and across teams.
Some of the key components of HP ALM include:
- Project planning and tracking: HP ALM allows development teams to define, track, measure, and report project milestones and key performance indicators.
- Application lifecycle intelligence: HP ALM provides real-time traceability of requirements and defects, ensuring better visibility and control over the development process.
- Lab management automation: With the Lab Management capability, testing teams can easily provision and deploy test labs in hybrid delivery environments.
- Asset sharing and re-use: HP ALM supports sharable asset libraries that can be reused across projects, ensuring consistency and efficiency.
- Cross-project reporting: HP ALM offers cross-project reporting and pre-configured business views for better visibility into project status, application quality, requirements coverage, and defect trends.
- Enterprise Collaboration: HP Enterprise Collaboration allows application development teams to communicate and collaborate without leaving the ALM environment, improving productivity and efficiency.
- Performance and load testing: HP ALM integrates with Micro Focus LoadRunner Enterprise for performance testing and scalability analysis.
- Quality assurance: HP ALM includes quality assurance features for risk-based test planning, version control, baselining, quality release and cycle management, test scheduling and execution, manual testing, and defect management.
- Requirements definition and management: HP ALM helps IT departments capture, manage, and track requirements throughout the application development and testing cycle.
- Fortify security: HP ALM integrates with Fortify security software to provide application security testing and analysis.
HP ALM vs JIRA
While both HP ALM and JIRA are popular tools for application development and testing, they have some key differences. HP ALM offers a more comprehensive suite of tools that cover the entire application lifecycle, from requirements management to defect management. It provides a centralized platform for managing and automating application development processes within and across teams.
On the other hand, JIRA is primarily a project management and issue tracking tool. It is known for its flexibility and customization options, making it popular among Agile development teams. JIRA offers features for managing tasks, tracking issues, and collaborating with team members.Best hewlett packard scientific calculators
Ultimately, the choice between HP ALM and JIRA depends on the specific needs and requirements of your organization. HP ALM is a more comprehensive solution for organizations looking for end-to-end application lifecycle management, while JIRA is a flexible tool that can be customized to fit different project management workflows.
Who owns HP ALM now?
Micro Focus currently owns and develops HP ALM. Micro Focus acquired the software suite from Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. As a global software company, Micro Focus specializes in providing software solutions for enterprise applications and IT management.
How much does HP ALM cost?
The licensing cost for HP ALM varies based on the specific requirements and configurations of your organization. The list cost for global ALM is $13,500, while the enterprise version for test case management is $10,000 per license. It's important to note that these are global based licenses that reside within your environment as concurrent licenses.Best 24 inch monitors: hp 24 monitor for gaming and work
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the key components of HP ALM?
HP ALM includes several key components:
- Project planning and tracking
- Application lifecycle intelligence
- Lab management automation
- Asset sharing and re-use
- Cross-project reporting
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Performance and load testing
- Quality assurance
- Requirements definition and management
- Fortify security
How does HP ALM compare to JIRA?
HP ALM and JIRA are both popular tools for application development and testing, but they have some key differences. HP ALM is a comprehensive suite that covers the entire application lifecycle, while JIRA is primarily a project management and issue tracking tool.
Who currently owns HP ALM?
Micro Focus currently owns and develops HP ALM.
What is the cost of HP ALM?
The licensing cost for HP ALM varies based on the specific requirements of your organization. The list cost for global ALM is $13,500, while the enterprise version for test case management is $10,000 per license.
Is there a trial version of HP ALM available?
Yes, a trial version of HP ALM is available for organizations to try out the features and functionalities before making a purchasing decision. You can find the trial version on the official Micro Focus website.Who is the current ceo of hewlett packard enterprise?
|Project planning and tracking
|Define, track, measure, and report project milestones and key performance indicators.
|Application lifecycle intelligence
|Real-time traceability of requirements and defects.
|Lab management automation
|Provision and deploy test labs in hybrid delivery environments.
|Asset sharing and re-use
|Supports sharable asset libraries for reuse across projects.
|Provides pre-configured business views for aggregated project status metrics, application quality metrics, requirements coverage, and defect trends.
If you are looking to streamline your application development and testing process, HP ALM is a powerful solution to consider. With its comprehensive set of tools and features, it can help you manage and automate your entire application lifecycle, from requirements management to defect management. Whether you are a small team or a large enterprise, HP ALM offers the scalability and flexibility to meet your needs.
Take advantage of the trial version of HP ALM to see how it can benefit your organization. With the ability to define, track, and measure project milestones, trace requirements and defects in real-time, provision and deploy test labs, and share assets across projects, HP ALM can significantly improve your development and testing efficiency.
Investing in a reliable and robust application lifecycle management tool like HP ALM can save you time, resources, and costs in the long run. It allows you to streamline your processes, improve collaboration, and deliver high-quality applications to your users.
So why wait? Try out HP ALM today and experience the benefits it can bring to your organization!Exploring hp logo: evolution, meaning, and colors