If you are a user of an HP laptop and are looking to upgrade your memory, you may be wondering what the maximum capacity is for your specific model. In this article, we will be discussing the maximum memory capacity for the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672 and the steps you can take to determine the appropriate memory upgrade for your device.
Understanding the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672
The Hewlett-Packard Model 1672 is a laptop with a specific set of specifications. It is important to understand these specifications before determining the maximum memory capacity for your device.
- Device name: LAPTOP-U1ECD71A
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 20GHz 19 GHz
- Installed RAM: 00 GB (70 GB usable)
- Device ID: 61F90133-BB5E-4536-A2D2-19AFE172F080
- Product ID: 00327-36215-57031-AAOEM
- System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
- Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display
How much RAM can the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672 take?
To determine the maximum memory capacity for the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672, it is important to consult the official documentation provided by HP. This documentation, known as the maintenance and service guide, contains detailed information about the laptop's hardware specifications and upgrade options.
According to the maintenance and service guide for the HP ENVY x360 Convertible PC, the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672 has two memory slots and can support up to 2 x 8 GB of memory. However, it is important to note that this information may vary depending on the specific configuration of your device.
It is recommended to use either DDR4-2666 MHz or SSDR-3200 MHz memory for your upgrade. However, due to the limitations of your laptop's processor, the memory will only run at 2400 MHz.Hp pavilion laptop covers: find the perfect replacement
How to confirm the maximum memory capacity
To confirm the maximum memory capacity supported by your laptop's motherboard, you can follow these steps:
- In the search box, search for cmd and click run as administrator . This will open the command prompt.
- Once the command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityex and hit enter. This will display the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.
- Convert the capacity shown in kilobytes to gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,57
It is important to note that the maximum memory capacity provided by HP is a recommended limit. Some users have reported higher maximum usable capacities with CompuRAM upgrades. However, it is important to consider compatibility and warranty when making any memory upgrades.
In conclusion, the Hewlett-Packard Model 1672 can support up to 2 x 8 GB of memory. It is important to consult the official documentation provided by HP and follow the recommended upgrade options. By following the steps provided, you can determine the maximum memory capacity supported by your laptop's motherboard and make an informed decision regarding your memory upgrade.Hp retire services death benefit: ensuring financial security